Thursday, February 20, 2014

Logo Woes

If you've been coming here on the regular, you know that I've been working on a brand identity course though skillshare. I've been totally absorbed in it. Driving in the car, I can't stop thinking about colors and typeface and whether or not my logo really reflects what I want Molipop to be when she grows up. Last week, my logo looked like this:




Now I'm leaning towards a set of logos that's a little simpler, to reflect a 'handmade' aesthetic. 



The problem is, I like them both, which isn't a bad problem to have, really. I suspect I'll go with the newest logo set, because I think it will be more versatile, and it will age better. And I think it better communicates what I want my brand to be. I don't know, what do you think? The key words that I'm using to guide me are 'comfortable,' 'approachable,' 'sweet,' 'happy,' and 'handmade. 

My endgame is to develop a coherent brand identity for Molipop. Apparently a good logo is like, the cornerstone of a brand Identity, so I really want to nail it. I want it to be something kind of permanent. I've changed my logo and my banners and cards about a million times, and maybe it's time to settle down.



No comments:

Post a Comment