Friday, February 14, 2014

Learning Some Business Stuff for Free/Cheap

So, this year I'm kicking it into high gear with Molipop, and trying to transition into full-time craftery. Which, as it turns out, involves doing a lot of non-crafty business stuff. I'm bound and determined to learn some business savvy without going back to school though.  It would probably be easier for me to go to school, because a lot of the focus and self-discipline are provided through teachers and outlines and assignments and deadlines. But, I'm just going to go for the hard way this time, and see how it all comes out.

Luckily the internet is jam-packed with free and inexpensive ways to learn business skills. Unluckily, the internet is jam-packed with free and inexpensive ways to learn business skills, and it's hard to weed through it sometimes.

One of the resources that I've latched onto is Skillshare. Skillshare is a "community marketplace" for online classes. For very little cash money, you can take a class that teaches something useful like, say, Crafting a Brand Identity with Courtney Elisio of Seamless Creative. I'm only a little ways into the class, but so far the videos and assignments have been really helpful. I've constructed a creative brief, put together a mood board, and started picking out a color pallette for Molipop. I'm still a total amateur, but I'm starting to feel like I've got a little more professional direction. Yay for professional direction!


Oh, and Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment