Thursday, October 10, 2013

Work it




There are about a hundred amazing trails within tripping distance from my front door, and all the best forms of exercise occur on trails (running and snowshoeing), so I really have no excuse not to be in fighting form for the impending zombie apocalypse. But, given that I only like two sports and I only like doing them on forest trails, transitional seasons are a beautiful but tough sell. Too muddy and slippery for running and not enough snow for snowshoeing. But apparently exercise is super important, and I have to (sometimes reluctantly) admit that I feel more fantastic when I exercise consistently than when I don't. Soooo, I'm going to try embracing long walks in the forest this fall, so as to not miss out on the great outdoors while I'm patiently waiting for hoards of snow. I took these pics on a walk the other day, and looking at them makes me think there's no good reason not to put on my walking boots this very minute!


1 comment:

  1. "But apparently exercise is super important, and I have to (sometimes reluctantly) admit that I feel more fantastic when I exercise consistently than when I don't."

    Right!?

    And "there's no good reason not to put on my walking boots this very minute!" - yup. Absolutely agree. I need to get my walk on. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete