Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Etsy Fluency: "Treasury"

Awhile ago, I joined a treasury team on Etsy. For those of you who might not speak fluent 'Etsy,' a treasury is basically a visual list of stuff you love on Etsy (for example). The Etsy home page rotates treasuries, featuring a new (well-curated, well-themed, and generally nice looking) one every hour.

Trying to get featured on the home-page is the goal of treasury teams, who feature each other's stuff in their lists in kind of a 'you promote my business for free and I'll promote your business for free' deal. Aside from the benefits of getting more views and hopefully more sales, it's kinda nice to be part of a 'team,' and making treasuries is actually pretty fun! Teams stipulate how many treasuries you must create per month and how many team member products you must include per treasury, which is meant to make it an effective marketing tool . . . but for me, it makes it like a game. And if you're a frequent reader, you know I'm a sucker for a game.

All this to say: I WON! One of my treasuries was featured on the front page. True story. Here it is, in all its glorious gloriousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment