Friday, September 27, 2013

Still Reading

So, I discovered this cool new thing called the public library . . .


For some reason, when I started my undergrad (10 years ago?) I decided I needed to own every single book that I wanted to read. Consequently, I have a lot of books. A fair amount of them remain unread. True story. But thanks to the influence of my level-headed and practical friends in Quesnel, I've started to get my public library on. 

My book selection method is to choose way more books--all at once--than I can possibly read before the due date. Then I renew them once or twice, and finally return them all, having maybe read one of them. This is the current stack (plus a couple borrowed, two owned, and a kindle). Where to begin!?

Have you read any of these books? Where should I start? What are you reading right now? I mean, you're reading my blog right now. But currently, do you have a marker in a book somewhere?

Also (unrelated to public libraries, but related to books), I'm trying to teach myself to read the bible in Hebrew. So far I have memorized the first two verses of Genesis and I recite them in my head over and over again when I'm driving. I'm fairly certain there are more efficient ways to learn to read in another language but they probably aren't as fun.





1 comment:

  1. Hah. I am so That Guy. I still buy too many books. I REALLY need to get into that whole Public Library thing. ...'cause yeah, you certainly save a dollar or two....

    Wow. The Bible in Hebrew. That is freaking awesome! Very cool, lady. :)

    ReplyDelete