Wednesday, March 7, 2012

High Five: The Coletterie

As part of my quest for a better blog, I'm going to start paying more attention to all the great blogs out there. I'm going to find my favourites and analyse what elements make them most attractive to me. Once a week (every Wednesday), I'm going to blog about one of them. High five!


This week, my fave is Welcome to the Coletterie. It's where the owner and designer of Colette Patterns, Sarai Mitnick, and her assistant, Caitlin Clark share about sewing, designing, businessing, and living.

Five Great Things:
1. Simple Layout
2. Professional looking posts
Image from "What are Your 100 Perfect Pieces?"
3. Great Sewing tips and lessons learned (from the pros)!
4. Featured Seamstress Series. They feature other sewing fanatics who have tried their patterns and blogged about it. It's a great way to find other sewing blogs!
5. The banner 

I'm starting to realize that the banner is pretty important. It's gives the first impression, and ideally, it should say something about what is to follow. Hmm, perhaps I should do a post about some of my favourite banners. I should definitely pay a pro to make me a great banner . . . someday when I have a better idea of exactly what that banner would represent. These are the thoughts that are running through my head while I mindfully peruse other people's blogs. Even at one blog a week, I feel like I'm learning some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment