Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tutorial Roundup! {Last Minute Christmas Gifts}

Eek! It's December! One of my goals this year is to make a handmade gift for everyone in my immediate family. I love giving handmade Christmas gifts, especially to my parents, because they have a little more sentimental oomph. In my family, the sentimental oomph carries a lot more weight than the flash and/or the pomp.

One thing I've learned (the hard way) is that you oughta keep your family's measurements on hand. I have a little red moleskin (that my brother got me one year for christmas) filled with my crafting notes, and that's where I keep their measurements: Head, feet, and hands for toques, mitts, and scarfs.

So far this year, I haven't really gotten that far with the actual making of gifts though . . . Mostly I've just been collecting ideas. I guess that's something, right? Since this week's prompt from Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop is "tips and secrets for the holidays" I thought share some of the spectacular (and relatively easy) tutorials I've found.

First off, I found craftgawker, an incredible (curated) site that just posts links to gads and gads of craft d.i.y.'s. Spent soooo much time on there this week. These are just a few of the links I followed:





I actually made this one, and it's super easy and quick! (took less than an hour-long tv program) Don't have the fancy lucet tool thingy that she uses? No biggy. You can use the index and middle finger of your non-writing hand. Or you can crochet it!


I also really want to make this great lace/doily lamp at Dos Family

There's heaps more on my d.i.y. pinterest board too, but I need some more ideas for men's gifts. Hmmm. Any ideas?




Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

2 comments:

  1. I've been making those scarves too! Aren't they the best? I did a little post on them too today. You know what they say about brilliant minds... Stopping by from Gussy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the best! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete