Monday, September 19, 2011

Sing It!


One of my favourite things about some of my favourite blogs is when they have regularly weekly posts. I look forward to Home Sweet Home's "Friday Favourites" and "WIP Wednesdays" every week.

I'm also a big fan of Gussy Sews' Inspiration Workshop Linky Party. Not only is it a regular weekly post, but includes a participation component (something I'm trying to practice more in my life). The idea is that Maggie (a.k.a. Gussy) sends out topic to subscribers once a week and then we make a blog post based on the topic and we all link up together on Thursdays.

I like it so much that I've decided to start one of my own. It might be a small linky party to start . . . possibly even a party for one. But I'm putting myself out there anyways! (Another thing I'm trying to practice more in my life).

The "topic" will be the same every week: "Sing-Along Sunday."

I'm not a music buff by any means, but I like what I like, and I love what I love. AND, I'd like to expose myself to more music and get to know what you love!

How does it work?

Some time during the week, you create a blog post on your favourite song (or songs). It can be short or long, it can be a review, a comparison, or even just a link to the video for your song on youtube or whatever. It's your blog, and you can do what you want to!

Then, every Sunday I will do a brief post on my favourite song of the week, and at the end of my post you will see a "you are next CLICK HERE TO ENTER" button. You just need to click on that and then enter the permalink (to your specific post, not to your overall blog) and your email address. You'll then upload or grab a photo from your site so that you'll have a little thumbnail at the bottom of the post, and we'll all be together in one place! (Check out Gussy Sews for an example of how this looks).

If you happen to find yourself tapping your feet and swaying, or jumping up and dancing, it'll be like a virtual dance party . . . or a campfire . . . or just a bunch of friendly strangers and strange friends sharing their favourite tunes.


I can't wait 'till Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment