Monday, April 21, 2014

Lemon Cheesecake for Mum

Throughout the years, my dear mumsy has always made her kids their favorite dinners on their birthdays. Now that her kiddos are all grown up (and 2/3rds of them living at home) its her turn to have dinner made for her. My brother Eric is a darn good cook, so he did most of the work, making roast chicken and various side dishes.


My only contribution this year was the cake. Mom's request this year was for this cheesecake that she found via pinterest, and I must say, it turned out pretty great. Like, super-delicious really. And it wasn't so hard to make either.


I added a quarter cup less sugar in the glaze, 'cause we like our lemon flavored sweets to be more on the tart side, and I'd do it again. I'd maybe even add a little less sugar in the crust too. But the actually cheesecake part, just do what the recipe says--it's perfect! Oh, and the recipe says to make it the day before, but being a world-class procrastinator, I left it 'till the day of. It was still fantastic, but I have to say that the leftovers the next day were even better. So if you've got it together, I'd recommend sticking to the recipe on that point too.

P.S. Isn't my mom just about the prettiest ever?!


No comments:

Post a Comment