Friday, February 7, 2014

On Taking Custom Work

One of the best things I've ever done for my work-life is add custom listings to my etsy shop. Letting people choose their own fabric combos expands what's available in the shop and allows people to get something that reflects their personal taste. 


Plus, it gives me an idea of what people are looking for--which color combos are popular and which fabrics in my shop I might think about using a little bit more in the regular rotation. 


And, it keeps me from getting into a creative rut! It's so fun to open up a custom order and work on something that I might never have thought of myself. 


I think the most exciting part is the collaborative aspect. I love knowing that the customer is going to open up their package and see something that they had a hand in making. I mean, don't get me wrong, handmade goods are already awesome. But being part of the making sends me over the moon, and I like to be able to extend some of that to my clients. 

Oh yeah, and all these photos are of custom orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment