Friday, October 14, 2011

Fab Friday {Fabric Finds}

I'm thinking about Christmas a lot earlier this year than I normally would. Last Christmas I had just set up my Etsy shop in November, and I didn't get hit with a Christmas rush, but this year I'm trying to prepare for a rush (power of positive thinking?).

Even if my Etsy shop isn't as busy as I anticipate, I've already booked my spot at the local annual Farmer's Market Christmas fair(s) on Dec. 3 and 10th, and I'd like to have a stockpile of slippers for that!

I probably won't go full-out with Christmas themed goods in my Etsy shop, but I'd like to have some more festive fabric choices for my slippers. Who wouldn't love to schlep around in a pair of holiday slippers on Christmas day! Whilst I was looking at fabric on Etsy, I happened upon sewlovechristmas, an entire store dedicated to Christmas fabric!

They have heaps of cute choices, but right now my favorite is Damask in Green, by Riley Blake (from the Christmas Candy collection)
shop listing here

I love damask prints, and it's really hard to come by them in scales that are small enough to really shine on a pair of slippers, so this is a great find!

I'm also thinking of making stockings for the craft fair. Yule Critters in Lime, by Micheal Miller is my top choice for that project so far!
shop listing here

and it also comes in aqua!

Happy Weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment